May 3, 2022
ZL is looking for an employee with Laborer skills and Excavation experience. The employee will be required to successfully perform varying tasks including,
- Reading grades, levelling earth to specifications, backfilling excavations, drilling and blasting rock and concrete
- Installing, setting, and removing forms, scaffolding, ramps, and barricades
- Removing rubble, dirt, and other debris using shovels, wheelbarrows, and other machinery
- Tending or feeding equipment such as mixers, compressors, and pumps
- Cleaning up chemical spills or other contaminants
- Directing traffic at entries or near construction sites
- Competent in reading and interpreting construction drawing and specifications
- Providing support to Site Superintendent on the job site(s)
- Clean work site of any tools, debris, and equipment; maintaining good housekeeping throughout project and completion of tasks
- Perform other related duties as necessary, including minor duties of other trades where certification is not required and duties do not exceed employee limitations
- Access to own vehicle to travel between job sites
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR YOUR NEW ROLE:
- Collaborate and direct field operations for projects from conception to completion
- Collaborate construction schedules to meet contractual obligations
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and labour
- Review the project plans and specifications and comment on schedule, constructability, possible cost saving measures and potential construction problems
- Inform Project Manager or any errors, discrepancies or omissions contained in the Project documents
- Oversee all onsite construction to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate all field personnel as required to meet project budgets and schedules and manage all field staffing requirements including all sub-contractors and suppliers
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
- Coordinate all required testing and inspections
- Prepare weekly internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve and emerging ones
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risks
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Maintain a neat and tidy site and meeting room
- Attend bi-weekly construction meetings with all supervisors to ensure consistency across all projects
- All necessary resources that may be required to fulfill the duties of this role will be afforded to the position including office staff support and computer and technical equipment and support.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong management skills and ability to motivate employees.
- Effective organizational, communication and client relations skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend drawings and specifications.
- Ability to pass background checks including pre-employment drug screening.
- Availability to work nights/weekends as needed.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Consistent and unwavering use of personal protective equipment (PPE), including safety glasses and steel toe boots. Additional PPE is varying by site status and conditions
- Fluctuating weather and site conditions; indoor and outdoor environments including but not limited to narrow spaces, ladders, scaffolding, dust or fumes, and other trades task environments
- Consistent lifting within 50lbs range; intermittent lifting of up to 75lbs
- Manual dexterity required to use various power and hand tools
- Balancing, bending, climbing, crawling, crouching, kneeling, reaching, stooping during everyday tasks
- Working within sound regulated environment
- Overtime as required
Thanks for contacting us! We will get in touch with you shortly.
We ran into an issue. Please try again.